We’re one week into our new world of delivering all orders or picking them in order for you to click and collect from our car park. We’re working as hard as we can to keep up, but there are some key things you can do to help us get your orders out as quickly as possible and in full at this time of unprecedented demand.
If we can be as efficient as possible, you will benefit by getting what you want quicker, we will be able to work as efficiently as possible with the staff we have available and our growers will be able to supply as many plants as they can, which will otherwise go to waste.
- If possible, please place your order on the website – we are adding everything we have available online, so please use the website to place orders. This will free up the phone for those customers that don’t have access to the internet.
- If you can, please contact us by email rather than by phone, as this takes precious staff resources away from picking your orders to answering queries. I’ve put as many questions and answers at the bottom of this post, so the answer to your question might be there. If it’s really urgent, you can email email@example.com.
- If you are planning on passing the nursery on one of your essential trips out, please use the click and collect service; this helps us massively. We will display your order number clearly with your order, so please come up and collect your order and then leave again promptly. Please just remember to have your order number with you when you come to collect.
- If you require something that is not listed on the website, there is a comments box at the end of your order – please write what you are looking for there and if we have it we will call you back, add it to the order and take a payment for the extra item.
- Finally, at the moment our phone is ringing all day non-stop, so please forgive us if we are not able to answer your call!
Commonly asked questions
Will you be having bedding plants?
Yes we will; they will start in the next couple of weeks, and we anticipate having a good selection available from early May, when they will all be added to the website.
Will you make hanging baskets to order this season?
We will have hanging baskets available this year to order online. We will make a good selection and put them on the site for ordering. If you wish for us to refill your hanging basket please hold on until the end of April, we can make them then and turn them around in 2-3 weeks.
At the end of April, we will have a better idea of how much longer the lockdown might last for, and we will come up with a plan then based on whether we can reopen or not.
When can you deliver?
We are aiming to turn all orders around in 5-6 working days. If we get behind we will shut the website for a day or two – probably over the weekend – in order to catch up.
Where can you deliver?
We can deliver all products within 6 miles of the nursery. We can also deliver to the following postcodes in London; SE6, SE23, SE22, SE21. We can deliver some products nationwide, these are the perennials 13cm and herbaceous perennial categories.